Phil Schiller, senior vice president of worldwide marketing at Apple Inc., introduces the iPhone 5 during Apple Inc.'s iPhone media event in San Francisco (Photo : Reuters)
Consumers have been hyped up for months and months as they've eagerly awaited the next big thing from Apple - the iPhone 5. Now that it's been released, a lot of the previous anticipation has turned to bitter disappointment in the eyes of many. Here is a roundup of comments from consumers around the globe lamenting over what is, in their eyes, a major failure on the part of Apple's usual high level of creativity and innovation.
Like Us on Facebook
- "It's true that there is nothing special about this new iPhone 5."
- "[The iPhone 5] is just a middle-high class smartphone as of today's standards."
- "Just waiting for Samsung to come along and rain on Apple's parade with the Galaxy S4, which will more than likely smash [the iPhone 5] clean out of sight."
- "This is the beginning of the end of Apple's dominance in smartphones. They are behind the curve in both hardware and software and they continue to fall further behind every day."
- "No need to rush out and buy this [iPhone 5], for sure."
- "Apple promises and provides only marginally upgraded products...there has been little innovation on OS and [the] feature set has not changed or has not kept up with market pace."
- "I only see the iPhone 5 compelling if you own an iPhone 4 or before and want to stay in the iPhone camp. Otherwise there are a lot of better products out there."
- "Come on, man, Apple is doomed! The next big mobility device story will be...wait for it...Windows!"
- "My next phone is most definitely the Lumia 920, now that it's official that Apple and the iPhone are playing catch-up."
- "Congrats to Apple for still not catching up to the main competition."
- "Is Apple losing its mojo? This product feels like a repeat, and not the real technological innovation that we were used to with Steve Jobs."
- "For the first time in the past ten years I've never been so bored with new technology...This is the most uninspiring new news that I've ever seen."
- "Apple puts the iPhone 5 on a pedestal, and it barely reaches the competition. They're setting themselves up for an epic fall."
While there are plenty of die-hard Apple fans out there who will defend the company as well as its new iPhone 5 to the death, the number of unsatisfied Apple customers seems to just keep growing. Do any of you Latinos Post readers have any comments you'd like to add to this article? Feel free to do so below.