(Photo : flickr.com)
Apple has had its share of negative publicity, more so from consumers than the press, over its recent decisions to go up against Samsung in courtrooms around the world over intellectual property issues. Will tomorrow's highly anticipated launch of the iPhone 5 bee enough to stave off the negativity about the company, its products and business practices?
Like Us on Facebook
Or is it possible that Apple has dug itself too deep a grave to recover? It's unlikely, but pause to consider the notion as you look over these messages, straight from the consumers...
First, we'll look at customer opinion on Apple in regard to its ever-present legal issues as of late. Then we'll see what customers have to say when the iPhone 4s is pitted against the Samsung Galaxy S3. We'll also get a glimpse at some reactions toward the next-gen iPhone 4, a day before the device is set to launch.
Latinos Post asked readers how they felt about a U.S. District Court in California awarding Apple $1.05 billion for patent infringement damages to be paid by Samsung, and Apple's subsequent filing of a ban against Samsung products in the U.S. marketplace. This is how they answered:
1.95 percent of those polled said "This has given me a good impression of Apple."
2.48 percent of those polled said "this hasn't changed my impression of Apple."
2.83 percent of participating pollees deemed "Samsung deserves it.
3.61 percent of the people polled responded with "Apple rules!"
3.99 percent of those polled stated simply "Apple is playing by the rules, period."
8.99 percent of voters told Apple to "take its patents to another planet."
10.81 percent voted that "Apple shouldn't decide which products go on sale, which don't."
11.91 percent replied "Apple is afraid of competition."
12.04 percent of voters have vowed to stop buying Apple products.
12.13 percent said "This has given me a bad impression of Apple."
13.83 percent have vowed to start buying more Samsung products for the same reason.
14.02 percent of voters said "Apple, I'm sick and tired of your lawsuits.
And now, on to the iPhone 4s vs. Galaxy S3 debate. Here's what customers are saying about it...some are also taking the debate to the next level, tagging the iPhone 5 into the fighting ring. Check it out:
- "I am an Apple lover but the iPhone has been whipped for the time being, and I personally am happy there is good competition at a lower cost...because then it will spur Apple to do better."
- "The [Galaxy] S3 is not just better than an iPhone 4s...it's 10x better and way ahead."
- "Been there with an iPhone 4...it got tiresome with iTunes controlling every bit of my photos and my music and I had to have the phone replaced one morning when it wouldn't boot up. And when I went with the Galaxy S3, it made me realize how much more enjoyable an Android phone really is."
- "Galaxy S3 blew my iPhone 4s out the door...I am done with Apple."
- "Why compare the [Galaxy] S3 to the iPhone 4s? Just wait until the iPhone 5 comes out and then compare...but I still think the S3 will beat it."
- "Yeah I admit that the [Galaxy] S3 is better than the iPhone 4s now...but it won't last for long...wait for the iPhone 5."
- "I upgraded from a 4s to the Galaxy S3 and there's no comparison - the S3 destroys the 4s. In fact, based on the rumors so far, the Galaxy S3 may very well be better than the iPhone 5 as well."
- "Companies are always playing catch up. The iPhone 5 will be better than the [Galaxy] S3. Then the Galaxy S4 will be better than the iPhone 5. The iPhone 6 will be better, then the Galaxy S5 will be better. You can't win a never-ending battle."
Let's see if consumers are singing a different tune with all of this anti-Apple sentiment after tomorrow's launch. Latinos Post will keep readers updated on the iPhone upgrade and all of the gossip surrounding it. Stay tuned.