(Photo : flickr.com)
Members of the media recently received a message from Apple reading "it's almost here" alongside the number 12 casting a shadow showing the number 5. This has led journalists to hedge bets that Apple will unveil its next-gen iPhone 5 on September 12th. Other rumors are also abounding regarding the new iPhone. Here is Latinos Post's rumor roundup:
Like Us on Facebook
- The iPhone 5 will offer support for LTE technology, allowing the device to run on LTE networks in the United States and around the world, according to a report from the Wall Street Journal.
- Apple has reduced orders for iPhone 5 memory chips from Samsung in a bid to diversify its supply lines, according to a report from Reuters. The Korea Economic Daily has also said that Apple not only reduced its orders but has completely dropped Samsung from its list of memory chip suppliers, instead ordering from companies like Japan-based Toshiba and Elpida Memory and South Korea's SK Hynix.
- PC Magazine has reported on talk about Apple holding a monopoly on adaptors for its rumored smaller dock connectors.
- CNET says the iPhone 5 will feature nano-SIM cards and that there is a possibility that telcos may charge a transfer fee for switching to the smaller SIM.
- CNET reports that the iPhone 5 may have a larger screen and that the FaceTime camera has been moved to the center of the device.
- Reports that Apple has won a patent for an inductor charging docking station, which may mean that the iPhone 5 will feature wireless charging capabilities, also according to CNET.
- According to reports from tapscape, rumors have surfaced that Apple will be making Bing the default search engine in iOS and getting rid of the native YouTube app in a bid to separate its brand from Google, which is a direct competitor to the company.
- The Examiner says a number of iPhone 5 rumors are circling, including a thinner design, larger screen, 4G capabilities and revamped, redesigned earbuds.
As the release date of the iPhone 5 draws nearer and rumors solidify regarding the new iPhone, Latinos Post will update readers with the real deal in its next rumor roundup. Stay tuned.