The stars of the small screen are preparing to attend the 65th Primetime Emmy Awards to find out if they've earned a coveted golden statue.
The 65th Emmys will be hosted by four-time Tony host Neil Patrick Harris, and will be held for the sixth year in a row at the Nokia Theatre in downtown Los Angeles. Stars from comedies, dramas and late-night television are nominated for awards. Shows such as "Breaking Bad," "American Horror Story," "Game of Thrones" and "Modern Family" are up for awards, as well as stars from the breakout Netflix hit "House of Cards."
Like Us on Facebook
But many will be not be watching the awards show to see who takes home a trophy; fashionistas will tune in to see the parade of haute couture glamour that glides down the red carpet.
Female TV stars will be donning their most glamorous designer gowns for the event. While some have been flagged by the fashion police in previous years for egregious fashion faux pas, there has also been gorgeous examples of designer dress perfection that have are etched in Emmy fashion memory.
Here are a list, and accompanying photos of the 12 best-dressed celebs from recent Emmys history.
1. Sarah Jessica Parker in Chanel, 2003- The "Sex and the City" star floated down the red carpet in a pale pink, cotton-candy-esque confection that was glamorous yet whimsical.
2. January Jones in Atelier Versace, 2009- "Mad Men" star January Jones veered away from her Betty Draper character and embraced a modern, architecturally-chic Versace gown with a bit of an art-deco feel. She paired her dress with Neil Lane jewels and Jimmy Choo platforms.
3. Debra Messing in Michael Kors, 2009- Who said red-heads can't wear red? The "Smash" actress knocked it out of the park with a draped, off-the-shoulder, glimmering red gown.
4. Kate Winslet in Elie Saab, 2011- The "Mildred Pierce" actress also saw red with a simplisitic, statement-making stunner.
5. Oprah Winfrey in Bradley Bayou, 2002- The iconic queen of talk looked radiant in a curve-hugging pale yellow gown.
6. Evangeline Lilly in Elie Saab, 2008- "Lost" star Evangeline Lilly glowed in a shimmering gold gown and Kwiat jewels.
7. Becki Newton in J. Mendel, 2007- The "Ugly Betty" actress was regal in a feminine scalloped dress in shades of silver and white.
8. Cobie Smulders in Alberta Ferretti, 2011- The "How I Met Your Mother" star stole the show in a flowing, turquoise blue couture gown paired with Neil Lane jewels.
9. Leighton Meester in Bottega Veneta, 2009- The "Gossip Girl" star wore a white, layered gown with Cathy Waterman jewels to acheive a Grecian goddess look.
10. Jennifer Aniston in Chanel, 2004- The "We're the Millers" star wore a beautifully embellished, white and gold Chanel gown.
11. Nina Dobrev, Donna Karan, 2011- The "Vampire Diaries" actress stunned in a red, form fitting gown with a gathered design at the bottom that added an element of interest.
12. Kyra Sedgwick in Monique Lhuillier, 2010- The "Closer" star exuded Parisian-style chic in a gorgeous wine-colored gown and Ofira jewels.