(Photo : Facebook: Omar Borkan Al Gala)
Omar Borkan Al Gala admitted that his claim to fame as a model that was kicked out of Saudi Arabia for being "too sexy" earlier this year is, in fact, not true.
Back in April, news that the 25-year-old handsome hunk was deported from Saudi Arabia quickly went viral and launched the model's career into international stardom. According to a number of reports, Al Gala, who is originally from Dubai, and two other delegates from the United Arab Emirates, were escorted out of a religious festival after being deemed "too sexy for Saudi Arabia." That incident, alone, helped the photographer and actor become an Internet sensation and acquire over 1 million Facebook fans.
Like Us on Facebook
However, last month Islawmix, a news outlet that claims to bring "clarity to Islamic law in the news," renounced Al Gala's rise to fame story as a bunch of crock. Islawmix claims that Al Gala, and the two other mystery men, were not deported from Saudi Arabia, nor were they kicked out of the heritage and cultural festival. Instead, the head of the mutawaeen, Sheikh Abdullatif Al-Sheikh, alleged that Al Gala received several complaints because he was dancing inappropriately in a family section of an event. As a result, he was questioned by members of the National Guard, but he was not asked to leave the festival, let alone the country.
In addition, Al Gala confessed that he was not expelled for his physical appearance in a lengthy interview with Mexican magazine "Who," reports Peru.com.
"Really I was walking around, I ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time," Omar told the magazine, who learned the news was front page in several countries when I was back in his home in Vancouver.
He also told the mag that he would like to have a harem. The magazine will be released July 1.