Android is the operating system that the Ouya is based off of. (Photo : Reuters)
Another day brings another Android update for LG Electronics.
AT&T has announced it will deliver an update to the LG Thrill 4G smartphone. The device, which was released in August 2011, has Android mobile operating system version 2.3, also known as the Gingerbread. Since then, the device has been discontinued according to GSMArena. However, for whoever still holds the LG Thrill 4G, Android version 4.0 is on its way.
With Android 4.0, also known as the Ice Cream Sandwich, the update will include the following:
- QuickMemo: Instantly capture any screen image on your phone, so you can add comments, drawings, humor&and share your personalized message with everyone.
- Cheese Shutter: Activate the Cheese Shutter camera setting and take photos or self-portraits simply by saying Cheese.
- New Lock Screen Actions: Conveniently jump directly to a specific application without unlocking the homescreen.
- Home Screen Folder and Favorites Tray: Group your apps and shortcuts logically by simply dragging one onto another.
- Redesigned Gallery App & Photo Editor: Easier to manage, show, and share photos and videos than ever before.
- Quick Setting Buttons: From the Notification Bar you can now set shortcuts to many features such as Bluetooth Toggle, Wi-Fi Toggle, Sound Toggle, Airplane Mode, and more.
The LG Thrill 4G features a screen size of 4.3 inches with 800x480 pixels and 217 pixels per inch. The smartphone has 8GB of internal storage with 512MB of RAM. When it comes to photography, the LG Thrill 4G has a dual five-megapixel rear-facing camera with 2,560x1,920 pixels. As for the battery, the LG device has up to 1,500mAh with approximately 312 standby hours and six hours talk time when fully charged.
- Samsung Galaxy S3 Android 4.2 Update: Galaxy S4 Features For Galaxy S3; Ice Cream Sandwich And Jelly Bean Pass Gingerbread-
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Jelly Bean Update Released: Android 4.1.2 Now Rolling Out
- HTC One X Jelly Bean Update: AT&T Finally Pushes Out Android 4.1 After Months Of Silence
- Sony Xperia TL Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update Released by AT&T